It should not be too hard for you to think about your IT writing skills. You just have to use a few tips for better IT writing to improve your overall capacity. Here are eleven particular tips that you can use right now.
1. Start by using the active voice. That is, it is a form of writing that places an emphasis on responsibility. For instance, the active voice would state “I require the following tools for the project.” The passive voice would say “The following tools are required for the project.” Better IT writing starts with creating a sense of responsibility and the active voice can do just that.
2. Don’t make your writing style any fancier than it has to be. Don’t be boring but don’t be too plain; use sentences that vary in length or an assortment of easy-to-understand words to make people get the picture.
3. Use hyphens the right way to make your statements clear. For instance, the term “faster running server” would be better used as “faster-running server.” This places an emphasis on one idea running better than another. This is one of the 11 tips for better IT writing that makes it easier to figure out what you want to say.
4. Always read whatever you are writing aloud. You may want to rewrite things that you are struggling to get through.
5. Take a look at a good style guide that lists details on how to write things in a logical and proficient manner. The Chicago Manual of Style is one such example of a style guide to use.
6. Keep from using capital letters too often. You don’t have to capitalize the letters of items that are described as acronyms, for instance. Just stick with capital letters on proper names.
7. You can always hire someone to review your work and see what is right or wrong with it. This is one of the best tips for better IT writing as it ensures that you’ll know what to do in the future.
8. Watch for how many words you are using at a given time. Don’t be afraid to delete words that might sound unnecessary. For instance, a sentence like “He chose to go forward and complete the task” could be “He chose to complete the task” instead.
9. On a related note, keep your prepositions to a minimum. Keep everything to the point if possible. Instead of saying “One of the best 11 tips for writing is to reduce prepositions,” you can say “One writing tip is to reduce prepositions.”
10. Always keep a positive mindset when writing. Avoid negative-sounding words like “not,” “cannot” or “fail.” Those words only keep the positive momentum down.
11. Don’t be afraid to avoid these rules if needed. Sometimes following the rules can result in an unusual-looking sentence. It is fine to break these earlier tips for better IT writing if it means making a particular sentence look normal. This can also work if you’ve got a sentence that needs to be clearly described and you have to put in more work to describe it.
Diamond engagement rings by Moimoi remain as the number one choice for men buying engagement rings for their loved ones. Even though there are new types of stones available, the classic and timeless elegance of a diamond is undeniable. However, choosing the right diamond shape and other features can be overwhelming, especially for someone who is not well versed about these things. To make it easier to find the right diamond shape for your engagement ring, read on to learn more from this guide.
Cut vs Shape
First things first, you need to understand the difference between a diamond cut and shape. Those who are new to buying diamond engagement rings by Moimoi often confuse one for the other. In fact, most people assume that they are one and the same. The shape refers to the stone appearance while the cut refers to the ability to reflect light.
The top 10 common types of diamond shapes are as follows: round, princess, pear, cushion, heart, asscher, oval, emerald, radiant and marquise.
With the understanding of what the common diamond shapes are, you can now move on to the next step: which to buy? The first way to determine the right diamond shape is to know what complements her hand. If a woman has shorter fingers, go for elongated shapes of diamond engagement rings by Moimoi. Your options include the oval, pear and marquise shaped diamond rings. Avoid buying rings with a wide band because it makes the fingers look even shorter.
If your woman has long and slim fingers, the best options are radiant and princess cut diamond rings (or square shaped rings in general). On the flip side, if a woman has large hands, steer clear of diamond rings that are delicate in setting and slender in style. The best shapes available are round and heart shaped diamond rings. You can seek recommendation from the jeweler about the best shape to buy for your woman based on her fingers and hands.
Her personal style is another important consideration when choosing the right diamond shape to buy. Does she prefer rings with dainty stone settings? Or is she the type who likes to wear jewelry that stand out and make a statement? Is she the timeless type or one that prefers to be unique with her bold style? These will give you a clue on the right diamond shape that will fit with her personality and style preference.
Finally, do not get too consumed with the process of choosing the diamond shape that you overlook the essentials when shopping. For instance, make sure you examine the diamond itself to ensure authenticity. The worst thing that could happen is for you to get too consumed in choosing a diamond shape that you end up with a fake. Buy only from trusted jewelers to guarantee that you are buying authentic diamond ring. It also pays to learn more about how to identify fake diamonds so you can get your money’s worth and impress the woman you’re proposing to. Find out more at http://www.moimoi.com.au/category-vintage-collection-63.aspx.
Individuals that value their health will often have a fitness routine that works for them. This could be to lose some weight, improve on their strength or help heighten their chances of winning in a sports competition. With the mushrooming of personal training facilities in Tamarama, an individual may be spoilt for choice on the best gym to check into. Check into a personal training Tamarama gym with state-of-the-art facilities that will suit your needs.
Personal training has proved to be an important recipe for good health. While everyone has the freedom to choose whichever facility to enlist into, it is imperative to do good research first. Below are factors to consider when seeking best personal training services.
Factors to Consider in Choosing Personal Training Services
- Impeccable Facilities – A quick glimpse at a gym is enough evidence of the kind of facilities offered. When seeking the best personal training Tamarama services, ensure the facilities meet standards.
- Qualified Trainers – No matter how one trains, meeting certain goals alone may not be possible if there is no expert advice from one who understands the intricacies of training. Check into a personal training Tamarama gym with qualified professionals who are capable of helping you meet and even exceed your goals.
- Defined Training Programs – Although every individual has unique preferences, it is still important to use a gym with defined programs so that an enthusiast is able to decide if it is easy to fit into them or ask for adjustments.
- Time Management – With the fast paced world and its demands, people are only able to spare a little time for training. The gym of choice should therefore be one that has trainers who are extremely time conscious. Use the best personal training in Tamarama that values time management.
- Guidance on Nutrition – A training enthusiast wishing to shed some weight will also need advice on nutrition. After all, exercise only guarantees just about 20% while diet contributes to 80% success.
After identifying the best Tamarama personal training facility, one should focus on the trainer.
Who is the most ideal trainer?
- Works on Technique Perfection – A trainer that focuses to see you make the right moves is probably a good fit. With the right movements, you are able to exercise the right muscles and avoid injury.
- Eager to Impart Knowledge – A trainee may make all the right moves yet still not meet the desired goals if the trainer is not giving the right instructions. A good trainer will be eager to make you get the right results.
- Offers a Variety of Exercise Regimen – Even if a particular gym has its defined programs, a trainer will know the needs of the trainees and design what works for them. An ideal trainer will be creative and seek activities that keep the training enthusiast refreshed, satisfied and excited. Find out if the best personal training Tamarama programs on offer suit your needs.
- Stays on Track – Results take time to come and at times a training enthusiast may get anxious. A good trainer will help reassure the trainee to understand that keeping on schedule will guarantee results soon enough.
- Challenges a Trainer – An ideal personal trainer will help a trainee take challenges seriously by constantly helping them get through one barrier at a time.
The choice of a gym a training enthusiast chooses plays a great role on results. You must therefore do this very carefully. See more at https://www.guzzfit.com/personal-trainer-eastern-suburbs-bondi-queens-park-tamarama/
NEW YORK (Reuters) – The five largest U.S. technology companies may have lost enough market capitalization over the past week to buy plane maker Boeing, but the benchmark S&P 500 stock index .SPX has managed to remain within a stone’s throw of its record high.
Apple <AAPL.O., Alphabet (GOOGL.O), Microsoft (MSFT.O), Amazon (AMZN.O) and Facebook (FB.O), the five largest U.S. technology stocks, have seen their combined market capitalization fall by about $120 billion since last Thursday.
By Thursday the S&P 500 technology index .SPLRCT had seen its largest five-day drop in a year.
The slide was again led by sector heavyweights Apple and Alphabet, as investors moved away from what had been the year’s best-performing sector and rotated portfolios into stocks that pay higher dividends amid some signs that U.S. economic weakness.
“I think it’s a perfectly normal backing off. Tech has done really well. All of sudden everyone wakes up and says, ‘Holy cow, maybe we’re getting ahead of ourselves,’ and backs off a little bit,” said Brad McMillan, Chief Investment Officer for Commonwealth Financial in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Among technology stocks hit, shares of Google’s parent Alphabet fell 0.8 percent Thursday after broker Canaccord Genuity downgraded its rating of the stock to “hold” from “buy.”
The broker downgrade triggered a broader technology sector selloff according to Kim Forrest, senior equity research analyst at Fort Pitt Capital Group in Pittsburgh.
Apple shares slid 0.6 percent on Thursday, extending their five-day decline to 6.9 percent. Barclays analyst Mark Moskowitz wrote that Apple is near the peak valuation levels in its iPhone 6 cycle which “could mean a bumpy ride lower” if the prospects for sales of its next phone disappoint.
Shares of social media company Snap Inc (SNAP.N) closed at their initial public offering price of $17 for the first time.
Some investors were selling technology shares to rotate into other sectors, such as beaten-down energy stocks, said Russ Koesterich, co-portfolio manager of BlackRock’s Global Allocation Fund. “It’s more the winners into the losers, rather than a broader move toward safety,” he said.
The recent decline notwithstanding, the technology sector remains the best performing so far this year, up 17.4 percent versus the overall S&P 500 index gain of 8.6 percent.
The vast majority of investment advice is geared towards buying. This should come as no surprise to investors since it’s the buying of securities that begins the entire investment process. It’s also the buying that generates commissions and fees for brokers. Of course what is bought must be sold, and each trade exacts commissions and fees. In this article, we’ll look at the art of selling a stock.
The Importance of SellingBuying at the right price is vital. The ultimate return one will gain on any investment is first determined by the buy price. In a way, one can argue that a profit or loss is made upon buying; you just don’t know it until you sell. While this theory is deeply rooted in sound fundamental principles of investing, selling is also a vital link. Indeed, while buying at the right price may ultimately determine the profit gained, selling at the right price guarantees the actual profit, if any. If you can’t sell at the appropriate time, the benefits of proper buying disappear. (Just starting out? Check out our Stock Basics Tutorial.)
The Casino Trade: Why Selling Is So HardThe reason why many have trouble selling is rooted in an innate human tendency to be greedy. For example, an investor purchases shares of stock at $25 a share, and tells herself that if the stock hits $30, she will sell. What happens next is all too common. The stock hits $30 and the investor decides to hold out for a couple of more points. Surely, the stock reaches $32 and greed continues overcome rationality. She holds out for more. Suddenly the stock price takes a turn downward and is back at $29. The investor then tells herself that once the stock hits $30 again, she will sell it all. Unfortunately, this never happens and the stock price continues to drift lower. Succumbing to her emotions and frustrations, the investors sells at $23, below her initial buy price.
As greed and emotion overcame rational judgment in this scenario, sound investment principles were replaced by casino-like tendencies. The initial result was a loss. And while the investment loss was $2 a share, the true loss was $7 because the investor had the opportunity to sell at $30, but refused. Sometimes these types of paper losses are better ignored than agonized over, but it all comes down to the reason an investor chooses to or not to sell. A sound selling decision that leaves some profit on the table may look exactly like a poor selling decision leaving the same amount, but the process by which an investor comes to the decision is critical.
So knowing when to sell is of paramount importance. From the example above, proper selling reduces the likelihood suffering two ultimate consequences. In the first instance, proper selling helps ensure the preservation of gains. In the second instance, proper selling reduces the likelihood of incurring major losses.
What is the ‘Industrial Goods Sector’
The industrial goods sector is a category of stocks that relates to producing goods used in construction and manufacturing. This sector includes companies involved with aerospace and defense, industrial machinery, tools, lumber production, construction, waste management, manufactured housing, cement and metal fabrication. Performance in the industrial goods sector is largely driven by supply and demand for building construction, such as residential, commercial and industrial, as well as the demand for manufactured products.
BREAKING DOWN ‘Industrial Goods Sector’
When the economy contracts and consumers save more and spend less, activity in this sector drops because companies postpone expansion and produce fewer goods. With the industry covering a wide range of subsectors, there is usually at least one area of growth in the industrial goods sector. Many of the subsectors go through bullish growth cycles lasting for years before seeing a retraction. Examples of this are aerospace and homebuilding. Other areas such as industrial conglomerates and waste management have provided steady streams of revenue generation.
Industrial Goods Cycle
The industrial goods sector goes through life cycles that see different subsectors in growth phases. The major stages of the growth cycle are accelerating growth, decelerating growth, accelerating decline and decelerating decline. Investors do well paying attention to the industry trends and position of the growth cycle. Companies in the accelerating growth and decelerating decline phases have the best performance and are given higher multiples due to their upcoming growth.
Tracking Industrial Goods Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is a valuable resource to investors and analysts for sectors. The industrial goods sector is listed as a whole and broken down by subsector in reports. The BLS provides information such as employment, union membership, growth projections, hourly wages and fatalities/injuries. The statistics can be interpreted and used to find growth cycles by investors.
Large Industrial Goods Companies
Some of the largest companies in the United States are placed in the industrial goods sector. General Electric ranked 11th on the 2015 Fortune 500 list of top revenue-producing companies with $140.4 billion. It has been a staple on the Fortune 500, making the top 10 every year since 1995 until it fell to 11th in 2015.
Ways to Invest in Industrial Goods
The MSCI U.S. Industrials Index is the common benchmark for the industry. This index has gained an average of 10.5% annually from 2010 to 2015. Investors can invest in individual industrial goods stocks or look to mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). There are fund offerings that cover the entire industrial goods sector and some that cover subsectors of the industry such as aerospace. The Industrials Select SPDR Fund and Vanguard Industrials ETF are two of the largest funds. The ETFs were founded in 1998 and 2004, respectively.